Offshore Wind Sustainability Leader
Job Description Summary The Offshore Wind Sustainability Leader has the responsibility of defining and implementing the sustainability strategy and embedding sustainability into the daily operation across all functions of the offshore wind organization. This also includes working close together with the other businesses within the wind segment and the greater GE Vernova organization when it comes defining and delivering upon our sustainability commitments.
The offshore sustainability leader will be ensuring compliance to regulatory framework, working together with customers to support commercial commitments and coordinate with our operational business to implement climate action plans.
The offshore sustainability leader will be frequently reporting progress to the senior leadership team of offshore wind and reports directly to the executive leader of Product Management. Job Description
GE Renewable Energy is one of the world's leading offshore wind energy companies, with a portfolio of offshore wind turbines ranging from 6 MW to 14 MW that offer increased value to customers with proven performance, reliability, efficiency and availability.
We have invested more than $400 million to develop the Haliade-X, an investment that will also drive down offshore wind farms’ levelized cost of energy, helping make offshore wind energy more competitive for our customers. The Haliade-X was the industry’s first 14MW offshore wind turbine to operate, and is the only 12+MW offshore wind turbine platform that has been operating for over two years, specifically at its Rotterdam prototype site.
- Define and implement Offshore Wind Sustainability Strategy:
(-) Goals, targets, metrics and roadmap
(-) Implementation plan with clear ownership and defined timeline
(-) Resource planning
(-) Risk and opportunity matrix including financial impact of achieving/not achieving goals
- Coordinate and engage cross-functional leaders to support implementation of the Sustainability Strategy, and identify points of contact to lead the defined action lines and initiatives.
- Regular reporting to business leadership on sustainability related status and strategic and operational initiatives
- Drive organizational cultural change, embed sustainability in decision-making processes and integrate sustainability into the DNA of the organization.
- Define partnership strategy to engage with external stakeholders to achieve sustainability goals and drive profitable growth.
- Align GE Offshore Winds ambition with GE Vernova corporate strategy, to ensure coordination and corporation across GE Energy portfolio.
- Anticipate regulatory trends and their impact to ensure compliance with sustainability regulation, assess risk management and establish the corresponding internal processes and policies.
- Work with manufacturing sites to define and implement Climate Action Plans for GE operations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience (+10 years preferred) from leading sustainability related strategic initiatives from a production industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sustainability from an accredited college or university strongly preferred.
- Experience in wind power industry or in power generation industry strongly preferred.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- Customer oriented
- Ability to work with cross-functional and cross-business teams
- Capable of working with large datasets, database management; knowledge of sustainability reporting tools is a benefit
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills; integrative team working style, able to work into a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to make decisions with limited or conflicting data.
- Strong rigor in reporting and documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple transactions and priorities simultaneously.
- Strategic mindset. Ability to see big picture and identify the larger opportunities or challenges that need to be tackled in order for the business to achieve its long-term goals, including those across functions that must be tackled to enable long term profitable growth.
- Demonstrated ability to take a masterplan through to action and implementation and achieve new/improved outcomes.
- Sustainability Expertise and/or ability to structure/organize a cross functional Program organization - preferably within in the Wind sector. Ability to think long term profitable growth vs. short term goals.
- Leadership. Acts with humility, transparency and focus. Can build/coach teams to embrace the culture needed for success; proven ability to work in a matrix environment and ability to drive an agenda across regions and break down siloes.
- Collaboration. Modeling ownership and accountability for results while collaborating with other senior leaders effectively to do what is best for the overall business, including clear communication and leadership behaviors as noted below. Demonstration of holding team accountable to do the same.
- Multi-regional experience and adaptability. Has acquired experience to inform understanding of global markets; leads across a wide range of geographies and cultures.
*** Para más información: Aquí